Every Facebook user likes to share their memories with their friends on Facebook through posts and there will be times when you want to delete a post that have shared earlier by you on your profile’s timeline. There is a difference between deletion and hiding of a post. To solve your further queries related to any Facebook issue you are facing, Dial Facebook Customer Support Toll free Number USA & Canada +1-855-777-5686. To explain the difference between both of them let us start by explaining hiding of a post which means the post that you have shared, it will remove it from your Page’s timeline but not from your Page’s activity log. To hide a post, use your mobile browser or log into your Facebook account.
To hide a post:
- Go to the post you wants to hide from your Page’s timeline
- Tap the icon of an arrow showing downward direction in the top-right corner
- Select the “Hide from timeline” option
You may choose to show the posts you have hidden from timeline by visiting to your activity log.
There is something that you should keep in your mind that if you have shared a post that is hiding, it may be still visible to the audience which was shared within other places of Facebook like in News feed or search. Nevertheless, the same post is still visible to audience it has shared with in other places on Facebook. Additionally, any photo that you have hidden from your Page’s timeline will be visible when peoples visit your Page’s section.
To delete a post:
The process is almost same but once you deleted a post, you won’t be able to get that post back. Make sure that you can only delete the posts that you have created.
- Go to your profile’s timeline
- Browse over the story and click that arrow facing downward in the top right corner
- Click “Delete” from the dropdown menu
Removing a tag means to get yourself detached and removes from the post you are tagged, once you remove the tag you would not be able to see that post on your timeline. Again, that post will be still available to the audience whom it is shared within other places on Facebook.
How to delete a photo that you have posted earlier:
If you deleted a photo shared by you, there will be no option to get it back again. There are simplest steps to remove your photo from Facebook:
- Open the photo by clicking on it
- Click on the “Options” in menu bar present at below the photo
- Select “Delete this photo” option
- Click “Confirm”
You will be able to delete the photos uploaded by you. If you want to remove a photo appears on your Timeline, simply remove the tag from that photo associated with you. To delete a photo without deleting the entire post, perform these steps:
- Click on that arrow shaped icon facing downward direction present in the top right position of your post
- Click on “Edit post”
- Browse over the photos you want to delete and click on (x) shaped button in the top right
- Click Save to save the changes to have made
To edit a shared post:
- Click on that arrow facing downwards present in the top right of your post
- Click on “Edit post”
- Make your changes and click “Save”
Visit link to know more: